To raise the achievement of all disadvantaged pupils, the government has provided schools with additional funding. This funding is known as the pupil premium grant. Schools are required to publish details online each year on how they are using the pupil premium and the impact it is having.
Our core aims for Pupil Premium are:
- To raise the attainment and progress of pupils eligible for pupil premium funding so that their performance compares favourably with non-pupil premium peers.
- Address inequalities in education of pupils from low-income families and raise attainment of these pupils.
What we expect to see:
We believe outstanding teaching and learning is key to the progress of pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds. This remains a consistent and relentless focus. In addition to this, targeted intervention and support strategies are deployed in order to:
- Improve levels of attainment and progress;
- Close attainment gaps relative to school averages;
- Enhance reading, writing, mathematics and communication skills;
- Engage and develop learning through a comprehensive extra-curricular provision;
- Have a clear focus on all disadvantaged pupils, including those with SEND and more able pupils and support pupils in becoming aspirational, confident and successful learners