St. Mary's is a church school where we are proud to be warm and welcoming, to parents as well as children. Whilst at school, all of our children should feel happy and secure.
We expect children to work hard and behave well. Our School Code of Conduct is based on three simple rules.
- The right to learn
- The right to feel safe
- The right to be treated with respect
We do not tolerate:
- any disruptive or aggressive behaviour
- racial abuse or bullying – physical, verbal or cyberbullying
We promote positive attitudes towards others and a respect for the richness of all cultures and welcome your support with this. We value everyone as individuals and celebrate all achievements. We believe that staff, parents and visitors of St. Mary’s can contribute to actively helping children develop their understanding of these values. They can be promoted in various ways by:-
- Modelling the Christian Values directly;
- Setting appropriate boundaries for children’s behaviour;
- Showing empathy and understanding of children;
- Listening to children;
- Linking the values to acts of Collective Worship and thus encourage whole school reflection of positive behaviours
- Showing respect and understanding to everyone in the school community;
- Providing feedback in an informative way to children;
- Using positive consequences to encourage the learning of appropriate behaviour;
- Using negative consequences to discourage the learning of inappropriate behaviour;
Children may be rewarded with a VIP lanyard in Celebration Worship for living out the Christian values and character traits in school.